The Paine Kids

Thursday 6 June 2013

Oblivion.

“Are you going to age with grace?
Are you going to age without mistakes?
Are you going to age with grace,
Or only to wake and hide your face?

When oblivion is calling out your name,
You always take it further than I ever can.”
                                                                                  Bastille – “Oblivion”

The idea for this post is slightly stolen from a comment that The Squire made to me the other day.

“Oblivion” is the name of a song by Bastille – we are obsessed with Bastille at the moment.

“Oblivion” is also the name of a wine bar near our flat. We have been going there for years. I have a lot of memories, some blurry and some deeply etched into my mind.

For a time, we were all too young to go there… the age restriction was 21 or 23. I just remember being asked to leave once. Once I came of age I wasted no time in losing face on the pole in the middle of the dance floor. I can’t resist a pole. There are long lost photos of me pole dancing with a umbrella at a staff function (I hope they are lost). It’s actually just really really fun, and does get attention. I have no upper-body strength (working on it now) so could never lift myself up on the pole, just wobble about at the bottom in a fairly attractive manner.

The pole, brings me to the story of the “Inappropriate Lunch”. I had noticed that Oblivion did a full Sunday roast, so I booked a table for our family lunch. We were celebrating my parent’s 30th Wedding Anniversary. Long story short, I need not have booked, we were the only people there. The roast was cancelled, we had to order pizza…. So much for my posh lunch?

I think our Twitter feed fills in the rest of the story (read from the bottom up):



 

No comments:

Post a Comment