The Paine Kids

Friday 16 August 2013

Bleddy Hipster

Started my day with the best latte in Cape Town – at Truth. Truth, for the foreign and/or uninformed, is a very hipster coffee spot, around the corner from my office in the CBD. Seriously – imagine coffee at the perfect temperature to drink NOW. Another favourite in that hood is Field Office – great latte too, but needs a single sweetener, you don’t need to sweeten Truth coffee, it’s perfect and claims so right on the cup. Both spots don’t bat an eyelid at my order of a Skinny Latte.

 Wi-Fi – like duh, obviously I log right on to their network the moment I snap my laptop open.

This brings me to the coffee shop in which I am currently sat. I’m waiting for my car engine to be steam cleaned – yes… I feel like I’ve dropped my car off at the oral hygienist. I walked in, tossed my perfect fringe, asked “Do you have Wi-Fi?” and nodded to “Table for one” – apparently Wi-Fi is not a foreign concept here, but it doesn’t work.

I decided not to assume anything at this place… asked “do you have fat free milk?” – Again, no - At least they had a table and canderel… so here I sit, for the next hour, writing posts to be posted later. Yes, I knoooow, how pedestrian.  *rolls eyes*

I just remembered that I haven’t even had my lunch… don’t suppose they would appreciate me asking them to re-heat my artisan chicken soup? It’s in a glass jar and all…. Ok, ok, I’ll stop. I made the soup. I put it in a jar. I put soup in jars because I don’t like the taste of plastic leaking into my soup.

 I should also tell you, I’m wearing purple skinny jeans, a denim shirt, a snood….
And a pretentious smile.

*big wink*

xoxox

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment