The Paine Kids

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Considering beers

Beer is an acquired taste. I acquired the taste for beer just over 3 years ago.

In the past year I have refined this taste to craft beer. I have my friend Marco to thank for that.

My favorites? Well I have a few;

IPA: Imperial Tequila Ale, which is sold in 660ml bottles and has been matured in barrels used to age tequila. It has a light ale flavour and distinct tequila aftertaste.

Kings Blockhouse: A local IPA, easy on the taste buds with a mildly fruity aftertaste.  I would rate this as a good "every day" beer and like to take it to social events. Sold in 500ml bottles. Available on tap at Van Hunks on Kloof street.

Paulaner  Wießbier Kristallklar: One of the best Wießbier I have ever had. Clean and strong with medium hops. I keeper indeed.

Keizer Karel Charles Quint: A blonde beer. Wonderful taste and very easy drinking. Not easy to find, I think the bottle I sampled was ordered especially for the beer tasting Sharona and I held.

So, I like beer. In moderation of course, otherwise you won't enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment